A position using my experience and expertise in EXCEL, ACCESS, data analysis &
presentation, systems analysis, problem-solving, project management, process
development and improvement.
- Design custom data capture and validation methods
- Design and construct graphical data presentations to trigger and prioritize
- Degree in mathematics
- Able to develop EXCEL applications, complete with user interface, protection,
macros, menu items, toolbars, buttons, and automatic backup.
- Provide teaching & technical assistance for EXCEL, WORD, ACCESS, and
POWERPOINT to make users extremely self sufficient in these areas.
- Track record of successfully bringing projects, and programs from the
concept stage through management acceptance, funding, training, and implementation.
- Project management skills include capital planning, budgeting, and project tracking.
- Work effectively as a member of a team. Exceptional people skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Designed Trigger methodology to identify and prioritize new statistically
significant field failures.
- Trained a team of engineers and technicians to use Microsoft EXCEL, WORD,
and PROJECT to produce CERs (Capital Equipment Requests). These requests were
- Major projects included Master schedule, MRP, CRP systems in a combined
make-to-order and make-to-stock multi-plant environment. Included product
costing. (cost roll up using Bills of materials, operation sheet data and
- Developed, programmed key modules, and trained the implementation team
for a new lock cylinder combinating process which automated 90% of the new
jobs coming into the factory. The number of individuals involved in
combinating dropped immediately from 19 to 10, and eventually to 5.
- Implemented and trained associates in a new manufacturing process which
produced over 5,000 cylinder locks each day while reducing costs by 50% and
the number of employees by 33%.
P-COM, San Jose, CA (current)
Quality Assurance Data Analyst
- Analysis and reports for QA consistent with the Quality Assurance Data Analyst position.
- Designed & implemented weekly and monthly Quality reporting processes for management.
- Wrote EXCEL Macros and designed spreadsheets to find, identify, and correct data problems.
- Implemented data input validation rules using EXCEL.
- Identified highest payoff problems/symptoms. (EXCEL macros and formulas)
- New ACCESS Databases & queries to work in conjunction with EXCEL and old databases.
TEL-LAN, San Jose, CA
Information Systems Consultant
- Teaching & technical assistance for EXCEL, WORD, ACCESS
- Designed a Proposal Generation System and trained users
- Wrote EXCEL Macros to assemble and present data from multiple vendors.
- Completed project on time and under budget/estimate.
SILICON VALLEY DEFENSE/SPACE CONSORTIUM, Santa Clara, CA
Information Systems Consultant
- Database survey, assessment, restructuring and consolidation
- Structure and sample data for State of California Project
- Redesign reports as appropriate
- Develop project accounting & reporting techniques in collaboration with accountant.
- Teaching & technical assistance for EXCEL, WORD, ACCESS, and POWERPOINT
SCHLAGE LOCK, San Francisco, CA
ADF Plant Engineering Manager
Responsible for management and leadership of the Advanced Development Facility’s
staff of engineers and technicians.
- Coordinate information systems projects and programs.
- Responsible for securing funding for major projects.
- Performed cost/benefit analysis and trained others to do the same.
- Develop department and organization objectives. Do capital planning
and track projects against anticipated schedules of financial return.
Focus on cost reduction efforts.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Managed joint venture, which created a pioneering DEC-based software and hardware
application that controlled and monitored factory processes.
- Led multi-departmental efforts to jointly improve business processes and procedures.
- Provided solutions to business problems through the application of state of the art
technology and new methodologies.
B.A., Mathematics, University of California, Berkeley, CA.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA.
Courses in Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering.
Various continuing education courses. Recent courses include the following:
- Visual Basic
- C programming
- Integrated Project Management
(including EXCEL, PROJECT, WORD, CORELDRAW, POWERPOINT, PAGEMAKER,
and ACCESS as major topics)